Assist the national counterpart in metallurgical and process engineering by mentoring and coaching, so that the national counterpart can successfully implement a broad range of continuous improvement initiatives that improve the business performance of the Concentrating Division.
This position will primarily focus on the major comminution processes within the Concentrating Division, including Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Crushing operations, SAG Milling, Ball Milling, Regrind Milling, Size Separation, Screening, and similar unit operations.
Additional Responsibilities :
1. Promote conformance with PTFI safety and environmental standards within the Concentrating Division.
2. Work with counterpart to identify re-occurring non-conformances in nominated metallurgical circuit and develop sustainable corrective measures that are in agreement with operations and maintenance personnel.
3. Assist national counterpart to ensure corrective action is taken against identified circuit non-conformances in assigned circuit area on a daily basis and ensure results are evaluated and reported.
4. Assign tasks that will enhance the competencies of Level 1 and Level 2 Metallurgists and ensure that they are held accountable to the required work standard.
5. Determine strategies to optimize the consumables budget, power consumption and efficiency for the Concentrating Division.
6. Provide mentoring, coaching, and skills transfer service to support counterpart and national staff in crushing, flotation and grinding aspects of plant operations.
7. Coordinate with operations personnel, maintenance personnel, consultants and suppliers to evaluate new technologies that will provide continuous improvement in nominated circuit areas.
8. Manage approved metallurgical improvement projects in assigned circuit area, ensuring the needs of operations and maintenance departments are met.
Criteria / Conditions
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others.
Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive :
Begin first day of employment
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer